The Selva Grill has been a cornerstone restaurant in Sarasota, Florida since early 2005. Having gone through many challenges and changes over the years, 2021 saw the expansion of Selva to the new “University Towne Center”’ (UTC) location. This brought with it the need...
Southside Village Website & Business Directory
Latest Portfolio Items
We've been working with Darwin Brewing Co. since the beginning. Originally based in Sarasota, they moved their brewing operation to Bradenton in 2013. Over the years the brewery has become a staple in the Florida craft beer culture. At the start of 2021, the new DBC...
Since 2015, Florida Cattle Ranchers has been promoting a harmonious mixture of gernerations-old ranching practices, the science of ecology, sustainable economics, and the values of hard work to a modern world. With this in mind, we set out to tell a story of how...
One of a family of restaurants owned by Gecko's Hospitality Group, Tripletail Seafood and Spirits opened in February of 2021. This being the third web project we executed for the group, the familiarity between the Gecko's team and Creative Sarasota made the creative...
Aquarian Sky CBD Sparkling Water is a new product expected to hit the market in late 2020 or early 2021. It is the result of the combined effort of Florida based FizzH2O, LLC and GreenWay Herbal Products, LLC operating from Tennessee. Partnering with Middle Tennessee...
Marie Selby Botanical Gardens (MSBG) is a cornerstone attraction for the greater Sarasota, Florida area. With 45 acres of bay front gardens, Selby boasts: The Downtown Campus on Sarasota Bay is the only botanical garden in the world dedicated to the display and study...
FourThought Private Wealth, previously Pinkerton Private Wealth, is a wealth management and investment advisor practice that has been operating since 1968. After rebranding the company, they wanted a new website look. Implemented by another web firm, Max Kelly of...
Dockside Waterfront Grill is a restaurant located at historic Fisherman's Warf in Venice, Florida. If you are coming by boat then look for marker 4. Visit Their Website. One of six restaurants owned by the Gecko's Group, this one has a distinct old Florida tiki vibe....
Mike Kelly offers professional photography in Chicago, Illinois. In 2019 he started running into some problems trying to update his WordPress website. Mike called is brother, our very own Max Kelly, for some assistance. Objectives & Challenges The primary...
Pablo Castro Insua is a consummate professional and owner of Restaurant Consulting U.S.A. With over 24 years in the restaurant industry, Pablo is highly skilled at observing and evaluating the strengths and weaknesses of a restaurant. Not only does Pablo help new and...
Southside Village Association is one of Sarasota’s oldest shopping districts. SVA has collaborated with over 50 established businesses that provide the general public with Dining, Shopping, Beauty & Wellness, and Professional Services. With this being considered, we set out to build a website with custom features that would assist the public with a directory of member businesses and map of each quadrant.
Objectives & Challenges
The central goal of this project was to provide custom photography, graphic branding, and a website design layout that made navigation towards each business not only feasible but easy.
In order to provide an easy-to-read layout the two custom features that were necessary for this client was a business directory and a map of each quadrant. These custom features only add to the overall function and usability of the website.
- The business directory supplied the opportunity to add custom fields that allowed each SVA business to be displayed in one of the four merchant categories (Food, Dining, Beauty & Wellness, and Professional Services). SVA is then able to easily upload a logo, name, address, phone number, a small description of the business, and a website link connecting to each businesses site.
- The map provided the ability to section off each quadrant of the Village. Each quadrant is provided with a pop-up overlay of “info icons”. These info icons provide a more in-depth view of which businesses are in that quadrant and how to get there.
- Capturing photography that reflects the fun and casual “Park, Stroll, Shop, and Dining” atmosphere.
- Designing graphic branding for the website that is visually pleasing.
- Creating a beautiful, simple, and informative website that implements the following:
- Making sure the website is functional and harmonious for desktop, tablet, and mobile devices.
- Providing all necessary information such as location, contact information, social links, etc.
- Reflecting SVA’s downtown atmosphere.
- Presenting each business in one of the four merchant categories.
- Mapping out the general locations for each business.
- Displaying a blog format for announcements and events.
- Building a custom business directory that allows for SVA businesses to be listed in one of four categories.
- Designing custom fields for easy input data entries by the client (to add or modify business information.)
- Providing custom templates for category index and individual business pages, displaying each custom field’s data.
- Establishing a custom map with pop-up overlays of “info icons” so visitors can find the businesses easily.
- Shooting and choosing photos that provided as equal a representation of the member businesses as possible.
- Developing graphics and logo designs for an organization that has had a wide variety of professional branding directions over the years.
- Identifying a limited number of appropriate category titles to cover a wide range of business types.
Southside Village Directory Page
Project Components & Highlights
for Southside Village Business Assoc.
- Custom business directory with categories, tailored fields, contact information, and an easy-to-use interface.
- Custom-designed map with clickable icons that provide a pop-up-overlay with business names and locations for each section of the map.
- Fade-in animations that are both tasteful and eye-catching to the common viewer.
Let Us Create Your Internet Presence.
Creative Sarasota Design and Development is a full service website and graphic development workshop. We work with you and your team to create the visual, written, and web-based tools you need to advance your organization's agenda.
Please take a moment to view our portfolios and read more about our services.
Drop us a line today.
If you have any questions, please call or email us for a free, no-obligation consultation.